Media & Writers Associations
Ad Age Dataplace
Advertising Age magazine's databank of magazine circulation and revenue rankings.
The leading professional organization for editors in the specialized business press.
Society of Magazine Editors
A professional organization for editors of consumer and business magazines edited, published, and sold in the United States.
Association of Art
Advances and sets standards for art editors. Provides a forum for the exchange of information among art editors and others involved in art-related publications.
A professional organization of self-employed workers in the publishing and communications industries. Among other things, a long, regularly updated list of online reference sites is available for copy editing and style, dictionaries, libraries, government, medical, and writing.
The number-one trade magazine for magazine publishers and editors. Lots of industry news and features.
Federation of the Periodical Press
The major international association for magazine publishers. A great site for magazine industry news.
Publishers of America
The nation’s leading professional organization for magazine publishers and editors.
of Science Writers
Includes an archive of their listservs and links to personal pages of individual members, many of whom have covered technical and computer subjects for years.
Trade union for freelance writers of all genres, working to improve the economic and working conditions of freelance writers through the collective strength of their members. Offers grievance resolution, industry campaigns, contract advice, health and dental plans, member education, job banks, networking, social events, and much more. Website contains hundreds of links for writers listed by category, including organizations, resources, research and facts, university writing programs, conferences, salary surveys, media links, investigative reporting, libraries, quotations, workshops and seminars, grants and fellowships, and job banks.
and Medicine Special Interest Group of the American Society of Indexers
A national alliance of professional indexers with backgrounds in medical, engineering, and scientific fields. Associated with the American Society of Indexers.
for Technical Communication
Dedicated to advancing the art and science of technical communication. Members include technical writers, editors, graphic designers, videographers, multimedia artists, and others whose work involves making technical information available to those who need it.
- AAEC: Association of American Editorial Cartoonists
- AAJA: Asian American Journalists Association
- AAN: Association of Alternative Newsweeklies
- AASFE: American Association of Sunday and Feature Editors
- ACES: American Copy Editors Society
- ACEJMC: Accrediting Council
- AEJMC: Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- AFJ: Association of Food Journalists
- AHCJ: Association of Health Care Journalists
- AJHA: American Journalism Historians Association
- AOPE: Association of Opinion Page Editors
- APME: Associated Press Managing Editors
- APSE: Associated Press Sports Editors
- ASBPE: American Society of Business Publication Editors
- ASJA: American Society of Journalists and Authors
- ASNE: American Society of Newspaper Editors
- AWC: Association for Women in Communications
- AWRT: American Women in Radio and
- BEA: Broadcast Education Association
- CAJ: Canadian Association of Journalists
- CJJ: Criminal Justice Journalists
- CPJ: Committee to Protect Journalists
- CSPA: Columbia Scholastic Press
- EWA: Education Writers Association
- IFJ: International Federation of Journalists
- Inland Press Association
- INMA: International Newspaper Marketing Association
- IPI: International Press Institute
- IRE: Investigative Reporters and Editors
- JAWS: Journalism & Women Symposium
- JEA: Journalism Education Association
- MediaWise Trust
- NAA: Newspaper Association of America
- NAAJA: National Arab American Journalists Association
- NAB: National Association of Broadcasters
- NABJ: National Association of Black Journalists
- NAHJ: National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- NAJA: Native American Journalists Association
- NAMIC: National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications
- NAMME: National Association of Minority Media Executives
- NASW: National Association of Science Writers
- National Freedom of Information Coalition
- National Press Club
- NCEW: National Conference of Editorial Writers
- Newspaper Guild
- Newswomen's Club of New York
- NFPW: National Federation of Press Women
- NLGJA: National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association
- NNA: National Newspaper Association
- NNPA: National Newspaper Publishers Association
- NPPA: National Press Photographers Association
- NSNC: National Society of Newspaper
- Online News Association
- Online Publishers Association
Organization of News Ombudsmen
- PJNET: Public Journalism Network
- Press Councils
- PRNDI: Public Radio News Directors
- RTNDA: Radio and Television News Directors Association
- Religion Newswriters Association
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- SABEW: Society of American Business Editors and Writers
- SATW: Society of American Travel Writers
- SEJ: Society of Environmental Journalists
- SND: Society for News Design
- SNPA: Southern Newspaper Publishers Association
- SPJ: The Society of Professional Journalists
- White House News Photographers Association
- World Association of Newspapers
- World Editors Forum